Dear Parents and Guardians,
- Opportunity for academic excellence and formation in the Catholic faith
- Nurturing, safe and caring school community
- Supportive environment for students to explore their individual God-given gifts and talents.
These are only a few of the many reasons parents have chosen a Catholic Education.
St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Academy is located in the Prospect/Lefferts Gardens area of Flatbush. St. Francis has educated children for more than 100 years.
The Academy follows the NYS curriculum for the core subjects (Math, ELA, Science, and Social Studies) and is committed to including Spanish, Physical Education, Art and Music to enhance the educational program. The Academy participates in the Performing Arts School Residency Program which teaches our 4th graders Film Making, 6th graders Play Writing and Producing, and 8th graders Shakespeare Study and Performance. The talents of the students are also displayed at the annual Christmas and Spring Shows. Faculty and Staff organize and run various clubs after school throughout the year. Dance, basketball, baking, martial arts, arts and crafts are examples of some of the clubs offered.
Technology is provided and updated to enhance the learning experience. A Computer Room with PCs provides students with a location for weekly technology classes, classroom sets of iPads and Chromebooks are available to teachers and classrooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards.
Graduates who move on to Catholic high schools often receive scholarship money. Students graduate St. Francis equipped with strong study skills, time-management and note-taking techniques that prepare them for High School and College.
Tuition assistance is available through programs sponsored by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn and the St. Francis of Assisi Alumni Scholarship Program.
Please visit us at www.sfabrooklyn.org for an exciting virtual trip to St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Academy. You can contact us by calling 718-778-3700 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for considering St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Academy,
The application process begins with a visit to our school campus. We feel it is important for parents/guardians to experience the “spirit” of the school. At the time of your visit, an application can be requested. Feel free to contact the school office at 718-778-3700 for a visit.
- Child’s birth certificate (original)
- Baptism certificate (original)
- Immunization record (original yellow card or Doctor’s record)
- Proof of Address (Rental Lease, phone bill, electric bill, cable bill)
- Custody documentation
- Academic Reports:
- Current Report Card (Grades 1-7) – a minimum of two years of report cards from all previous grade levels (when applicable).
- A copy of at least two years of standardized test results (when applicable).
- A copy of any support or guidance reports/forms you may have from your child’s previous school experience or from a specialist (when applicable).
- Copies of referrals, services or testing documentation (including, but not limited to, Title 1, Speech Services, Academic Testing, Behavioral Testing, IEP, SSP, 504 Plans, etc.).
- A completed application form.
- Interview with Administration
- After completing the registration process, a completed physical must be provided.
After submission and review of all the required forms an appointment will be made for the parents/guardians and student to meet with Administration for an interview. You may be asked to have your child shadow or you may request for your child to shadow. Shadowing is when a prospective student spends the day at our school in their current grade to assist in making the admission decision as well as in the acclamation of the child to the environment.